Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm going to Amsterdam and Paris!


Hey friends and family!

I don’t have much time but I just wanted to share some super exciting news with you. Me, along with one other girl and two guys from our team, were able to switch our return flight home (free of charge) so that we have a week long layover in Amsterdam! Which means I think we’re going to try and go to Paris as well! Wahooo! So the four of us will be planning specifics for the next few months. The other girl I’ll be traveling with is a seasoned travel and we’re going with two guys, so we will be safe. Oh and not to worry Mom, my return flight from Amsterdam to LAX has not been switched so I'll still arrive the same day and time.

A little health update. There's currently five volunteers with Malaria and a few with Typhoid. Our country directors suggested that we all get tested, just in case. I had a blood test done this morning and my results came back negative for Typhoid, Malaria, and Salmonella. I'm doing every thing I can to keep it that way and I'm putting Purell on my hands more often now than ever before. The sick volunteers are all doing pretty well and have all received medication for their illnesses.

If I get a picture up it’s of me and two of the other volunteers with some of the women at a rural village in Luganga. I taught a lesson on the importance of sanitation and hand washing. Things are still as fabulous as ever here and this weekend is immunization weekend! I’m praying that we’ll have an incredible turn out and I’m so excited for the difference these immunizations will make in the lives of so many Ugandan children. Well I’ve got to go and prepare the health lesson I will be teaching the street children before there soccer game this afternoon. I love you all! XOXO!

2 comments:

Goose said...

WAHOOO! Hill, that is SOOO exciting!! You are going to have a BLAST!!!!

TORIRUTH said...

hillary! thats exactly what i did! I took an overnight bus to paris..slept the whole way and it was cheaper than a train. Paris rocks! get your hostel a while before though so its cheaper. hope uganda is awesome! -tori